Mini-courses in Mathematical Analysis 2014
We announce that the Mini-courses in Mathematical Analysis 2014 will be held at the Dipartimento di Matematica and at the Dipartimento di Ingegneria Civile, Edile ed Ambientale of the University of Padova from June 23 to June 27. The program consists of four courses and a limited number of short communications. The courses are the following:
- An introduction to the homogenization of elliptic problems in varying domains
- by Prof. Juan Casado-Díaz
University of Seville, Spain.
- Harmonic analysis and geometric properties of fractals
- by Prof. Izabella Laba
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada.
- Singular junctions of thin Neumann and Dirichlet tubes. Dimension reduction and one-dimensional models
- by Prof. Sergei Nazarov
Institute for Problems in Mechanical Engineering, Russian Academy of Sciences, St.Petersburg, Russia.
- Isoperimetric inequalities
- by Prof. Manuel Ritoré
University of Granada, Spain.
- GNAMPA , Gruppo Nazionale per l'Analisi Matematica, la Probabilità e le loro Applicazioni
- Dipartimento di Matematica, Univ. Padova
- Dipartimento di Ingegneria Civile, Edile ed Ambientale, Univ. Padova
- Progetto di Ateneo "Singular perturbation problems for differential operators", Univ. Padova
- PRIN 2010-11 "Calcolo delle Variazioni"
- Victor I. Burenkov
- Paolo Ciatti
- Pier Domenico Lamberti
- Massimo Lanza de Cristoforis
- Roberto Monti
- Massimo Lanza de Cristoforis, e-mail: email@example.com
Each course will take place in room LuF1, located in Via Luzzatti n. 8, Padova, Italy (see map), starting at 9.00 a.m. on Monday June 23.
The meeting aims at introducing the participants to important current research fields in Mathematical Analysis. The meeting is particularly indicated not only to graduate students, postdocs and young researchers but also to well-established experts in Mathematical Analysis.
DETAILED PROGRAM (pdf, updated June 21, 2014)
We acknowledge the support of:
In association with ISAAC - International Society for Analysis, its Applications and Computation
with the assistance of Matteo Dalla Riva and Paolo Musolino.
Participants should register by filling the registration form.
People interested in delivering a short talk (25 min) should send an abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org
Blackboard, overhead and data projector will be available for the presentations.
For a list of hotels and B&B: http://www.turismopadova.it